This coming year we will have multiple open seats on the MACUL Board of Directors. If you are interested in running for one of these seats please let the MACUL Board Nominations Committee know at by February 12th at 5:00 pm. Please note that all interested parties may not end up on the final ballot, but all are welcome to apply. The aim of the nominations committee is to provide a ballot that is representative of the diverse state which our organization represents.
The MACUL board is currently comprised of volunteer members who are responsible for running MACUL. This includes planning and running all MACUL events and visioning for the future of MACUL. Board meetings provide a great opportunity to expand your professional network as well as learn about educational initiatives happening in the state that may be of interest to your school or district.
What are the responsibilities of a Board Member?
- • participate in monthly meetings of the full board and the spring retreat in May.
- • actively participate and plan the MACUL Conference as well other MACUL events.
- • serve on various MACUL administrative work groups.
- • help with visioning for the future of MACUL.
Board meetings are full day meetings typically held at the MACUL Office in Lansing. They are held monthly August – April. Much of the work listed above is done during these meetings. However, some must be done between these meetings.
What is the process?
- • Notify the MACUL Board Nominations Committee that you are interested in becoming a board member by email, by 5:00 pm EST February 12th.
- • Prospective board members will be asked to submit a biographical statement and a letter of support from their superintendent/principal/supervisor by NOON on FEBRUARY 18th.
- • The Nominations Committee will assemble the proposed ballot from those members who have expressed interest in serving on the board.
- • The current MACUL Board will vote to accept this ballot in February.
- • UPDATE: Board elections will be held via online balloting opening up at the MACUL conference on Friday, March 22 and closing 30 days thereafter.